Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Feeling Uninspired

...and forcing myself to blog.

But what to blog about?

I guess I could talk smack about the latest installment of the Harry Potter movies. It was, to be frank, boring and unmemorable. Sorry Mr. Potter.

I was disappointed [not that it will stop me from going to see the next two movies when they come out, because yes, I am that much of a nerd.]

On a completely different note...

I just read the Host by Stephenie Meyer. It. Was. Fantastic. I enjoyed the Twilight books but this book, I think, is her best piece thus far.



The Host was a completely different take on the whole body-snatchers idea [although it's a science-fiction piece, it's more about the people than anything]. It picks up after the invasion of these creatures, after they've taken over and the wild humans are trying to stay "wild." It's a story of friendship, tolerance, self-sacrifice and survival. The sort of story that makes you react emotionally. I loved it. I can't wait to see what Stephenie Meyer comes up with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment