Monday, May 3, 2010

Don't Touch the Pudge



I have a general "hands off" policy when it comes to my chub. So when I'm at my gym frowning at the sign that says "Now offering one free personal training session" it's because I know better. Because I've done it before. And while there is nothing more helpful to those of us on a weight-loss journey than a personal trainer, there is also no greater nemesis than someone who will grab and measure the fat in various places of your body to find out what percentage of your body is indeed FAT.

I've lost around 25 lbs., which I'm proud of but damn if I haven't hit a wall. This would be a good time to have a session or two with a personal trainer but I just don't feel up to it. The whole fat grabbing/calculating thing turns me off (in more way than one).

On a completely different note, I've been considering going back to school--something I swore I'd never do. What can I say? I've had some time to get a little perspective. Mostly what it comes down to, school and weight-loss too for that matter, is that I need to take control of my life. I've tried being the passive "go with the flow" type and it just isn't me. I'm a planner. I am a control freak. I'm not happy any other way. 


I'm okay with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment