Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ready or Not


Here I am, ready to usher in the new Year of Amanda, year 24. I always find my birthday to be a bit of a relief [when it’s over]. I hate being on the cusp of a birthday, it makes me feel a little discombobulated. Don’t ask me why. I feel better when I have a solid number to compare myself with. 24 rather than 23 and 7/10. Maybe it’s because I found myself actually looking forward to turning 24.

24 will be the first school free year since preschool (if you want to get technical about it, which I do). Makes me feel a little like a real grown up. Even if that is the only real change, my being graduated, it is a big one. I’m currently struggling to recalibrate myself so to speak. College, ultimately, was a huge part of my life for years and years. It was the reason I gave a crap about graduating from high school. It influenced almost every decision I made from where to live to what groceries to buy. It made me a different person than I was before. It was (I thought) the driving force in my life.

Then I graduated.

Suddenly, I find, I am not working towards anything in my life.

Apparently I’m goal oriented.

Who knew?

It isn’t that I don’t have other goals, but some goals are more tangible than others, we can only control our lives so much. For instance, here’s a general list:

• Graduate College
• Meet Prince Charming
• Buy Charming house in suburbs
• Buy Pooch Charming
• Have multiple Charming Children with Prince Charming
• Oh and have Charming Job (interesting that that’s on the bottom of the list, isn’t it?)
• Live happily ever after, retired and living a charmed life vacationing in Italy/Spain/Ireland/etc.

Now then, does anyone have Prince Charming’s phone number?

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps one of the many HOT construction guys outside my bedroom window might be Prince Charming? Did I mention they are HOT?

    ReplyDelete