Saturday, November 14, 2009

Michael Jackson and the Tooth Fairy

Last night I went to my Dad's house for dinner. Afterward we all sat down to play Imagine If [highly recommended, it's awesome] and in that game you write down the names of all the players along the outside of the board. There are 8 places so if you have less than 8 players you fill in the spaces with names of people and they don't have to be living or real. [In the past we've used Brittany Spears and Kevin Costner for instance.] This time we used Michael Jackson, Santa and the Toothfairy.

Now before I continue, let me just say that I sometimes say things before I think about them and how other people will react to the words that jump out of my mouth. So there I am staring at these names on the board and I laugh and say, "Wow. Out of all these names one is dead and two aren't real." There was a moment of shocked silence in which my dad gave me his sideways-bug-eyes look and my step-mom stared over at me with her jaw on the floor. This was at the exact same time that my sister was shouting "THEY ARE TOO REAL!" and my brother chimed in "Are not!"

Apparently my kid sister hadn't discovered the truth about the tooth fairy and Santa yet. Oops. My bad.

To quote Homer Simpson, "Doh!"

1 comment: