Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ladies and Gentleman

I am no longer an Extra Large. That's right. I went to buy myself some new gym clothes yesterday and went down to size Large! WOOT!

I decided to splurge a little with my tax return and bought:
-2 new gym shirts
-1 pair of yoga pants (for my *contraband yoga)
-Jillian Michael's 30 day shred
-15 Minute Gentle Yoga
-a fancy shmancy new water bottle for the gym

At work we just finished a 90 day Biggest Loser contest (I only lost 6 lbs. The holidays are not my friend) and my lovely friend Denise won. We also decided to do another contest since some of us (myself included) still plan on losing more. I'm feeling more prepared this time around.

So here I sit with  my coffee, letting my iPod charge a little, before I vibrate off the the gym to kick my butt a little. I think I'm going to take it easy so that I can go to the spinning class tomorrow without being in more agony than usual.

*This brings me to the contraband yoga. My friend Denise got me a guest pass to her gym back in December to check out the yoga class (for beginners) and it was great. Unfortunately I have a gym membership elsewhere and her gym is quite a drive for me--so joining was out. BUT. The yoga instructor moved the class to a sort of annexed building meaning that you can just walk right on in and he has no idea if you're actually a member or not. So I'm planning to do a juvenile sneak-in session or two. Bwahaha.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on moving down a size, that's alway so encouraging. I seem to be stuck between a L and an XL at the moment and I can't seem to break through. The XL is too big, the L is too small. So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete